Tag: cost of living
• Since 2009 executive pay has soared and the number of billionaires has increased, while food bank use has rocketed and pay for ordinary workers has fallen
• Poor people spend a much higher proportion of their income on food than richer households, yet still struggle to afford a healthy diet
• Though the UK's total wealth is amongst the highest in the world, many people across the country cannot afford to eat
• The poorest 20% spend an average 11% of household income on energy. The richest 20% spend just 3%
• Research shows that children have to cope without everyday items that most people would consider basic necessities
Don’t miss out – subscribe to our FREE weekly briefing.